- 13 June 2017 - 23 June 2017
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Organisers: Tiangang Cui (Monash University), Hans De Sterck (Monash University), Markus Hegland (Australian National University), Youssef Marzouk (Massachusetts Institute of Technology), Ian Turner (Queensland University of Technology), Karen Willcox (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
This program aims to address open challenges and recent advancements in computational inverse problems. The program will cover a wide range of relevant topics including deterministic and statistical inverse problems, Bayesian analysis, computational statistics (e.g., Markov chain Monte Carlo, Sequential Monte Carlo), high-dimensional approximation techniques (e.g., quasi Monte Carlo and sparse grids), algorithms for big data analytics, stochastic and distributed optimisation methods, model reduction, high performance computing, and scientific and industrial applications such as computational finance, mathematical biology, geophysics and flows in porous media, etc.
The program consists of two parts:
1. A mini-conference, starting on Tuesday 13 June at 1pm and ending on Friday 16 June at 1pm. 45-minute invited presentations and 30-minute contributed presentations will be scheduled for each day during the mini-conference.
2. A research workshop, starting on Monday morning 19 June and ending on Friday 23 June at noon. Informal talks will be placed in the morning. Afternoons are reserved for collaboration.
Application and Registration:
– Invited program participants, please register for the program using the participation boxes on the top right of this webpage.
– For other participants interested in attending the mini-conference 13-16 June, please ensure you register in the conference page. Link can be found in Associated Events below.
Please include the title and abstract of your talk on the registration page if you are interested in presenting at the conference.
There are a few places left for the second-week research workshop 19-23 June. If you are interested in attending this, please email Tiangang Cui <Tiangang.Cui@monash.edu>.
Deadline: 12 May 2017
Please indicate your dates of attendance in the registration form.
Computational Inverse Problems – Conference
(please register in the conference page. Link can be found in Associated Events below )
Program Details and Materials:
Click here for schedules, titles and abstracts.
Registration Fee (includes food and accommodation)
Invited participants: free
– one night accomm/one day conference $118.63 (AUD)
– full day rate $67.69 (AUD)
AMSI/AustMS Member (Domestic)
– one night accomm/one day conference $117.31 (AUD)
– full day rate $66.94 (AUD)
– Johnathan Bardsley (University of Montana)
– Colin Fox (University of Otago)
– Omar Ghattas (University of Texas at Austin)
– Heikki Hario (Lappeenranta University of Technology)
– Markus Hegland (Australian National University)
– Jari Kaipio (University of Auckland)
– Youssef Marzouk (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
– Habib Najm (Sandia National Lab)
– Ian Turner (Queensland University of Technology)
– Bart van Bloemen Waanders (Sandia National Lab)
– Karen Willcox (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
Please click here to see key participants attendance dates.
Computational Inverse Problems – Conference 13 – 16 June 2017
MATRIX Wine and Cheese Afternoon 13 June 2017