11 August 2020 - 12 August 2020
10:00 am - 11:55 pm
Event Start Time:
Tuesday, 11 August @1000 (AEST) (Melbourne)
Tuesday, 11 August @ 0800 (CST) (Beijing, China)
Tuesday, 11 August @ 0530 (IST) (New Delhi, India)
Tuesday, 11 August @ 0100 (BST) (London)
Monday, 10 August @ 2000 (EDT) (New York)
Monday, 10 August @ 1700 (PDT) (San Francisco)
Schedule: Schedule in your local time will be available on researchseminars.org and on twitch.
You will have the opportunity to hear from your peers, collaborate online and connect.
Where: Zoom (details forthcoming) and twitch.tv/operads
Philip Hackney (University of Louisiana at Lafayette)
Geoffroy Horel (l’Université Paris 13)
Marcy Robertson(The University of Melbourne)
Please contact one of the research program organisers for any questions.
Operads are abstract algebraic structures which encode multilinear structure. They arose in algebraic topology in order to address problems of homotopy coherence, but since the nineties they have found applications throughout mathematics. This includes in deformation theory, mathematical physics, algebra, and combinatorics.
- Luciana Basualdo Bonatto (University of Oxford)
- Nathaniel Bottman (University of Southern California)
- Anna Cepek (IBS Center for Geometry and Physics)
- Michael Ching (Amherst College)
- Syunji Moriya (Osaka Prefecture University)
- Joost Nuiten (Université de Montpellier)
- Dan Petersen (Stockholms universitet)
- Sophie Raynor (Macquarie University)
- María Ronco (Universidad de Talca)
- Dmitry Vaintrob (UC Berkeley)
- Bruno Vallette (Sorbonne Université Paris Nord)
Talk Structure: 1 hour seminar with 15 minutes question time
- Associahedra: The Shapes of Multiplication a video by Tai-Danae Bradley in the PBS Infinite Series.
- What is an Operad? Part 1 and Part 2, a pair of blog posts by Tai-Danae Bradley.
- What is… an Operad? by Jim Stasheff, in the Notices of the AMS.
- Introduction to Operads, a talk by Bill Dwyer at MSRI in 2014.
- 2-dimensional topological field theories, a talk by Nathalie Wahl at MSRI in 2020.
Further information: https://operads.com/
Registration: Please register via this link.
- Registration closes on Monday, 10 August @ 1000 (AEST) (Melbourne Time)
- Zoom link will be emailed to registrants within 24 hours after registration closes