- 5 November 2018 - 16 November 2018
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Organisers: Yihong Du (University of New England, Australia), Daniel Hauer (University of Sydney, Australia), Angela Pistoia (Sapienza Università di Roma, Italy)
Program Description: This meeting serves to gain a deeper understanding of several key themes in nonlinear elliptic and parabolic PDEs, where spectacular progress has been made in recent years. These include spatial segregation in nonstandard diffusion, propagation in heterogeneous media, gradient blow-up of diffusive Hamilton-Jacobi equations, and some selected topics on geometric flows. We aim to bring to the fore the key challenges for future research in these areas. During this 14-day workshop, we intertwine talks from each community of the four main themes and highlight the most salient ideas, proofs and questions, which are important and fertile for pushing forward the research in these areas in Australia and worldwide.
The program will focus around four mini-courses:
- Susanna Terracini – “Spatial segregation with non-standard diffusions”
- Philippe Souplet – “An introduction to nonlinear Liouville theorems for reaction-diffusion equations and systems and their applications”
- Hiroshi Matano – “Front propagation in the presence of obstacles”
- Ben Andrews – “Multi-point maximum principles with applications to sharp gradient estimates and travelling waves”
1 and 2 will be given in the first week, while 3 and 4 in the second week.
- Deadline: 2 September 2018
- Registration is by invitation only