18 Nov 2024 - 29 Nov 2024
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Kevin Coulembier (University of Sydney)
Justine Fasquel (University of Melbourne)
Zachary Fehily (University of Melbourne)
Lulia Plavnik (Indiana University Bloomington)
David Ridout (University of Melbourne)
James Tener (Australian National University)
This program aims to bring together leading international experts and Australian scientists working in tensor categories in mathematical physics and topology to disseminate the latest ideas and results, foster collaborations and initiate the next generation of researchers in the area. We have identified five key topics to concentrate on:
● Fusion and modular tensor categories and topological quantum field theories.
● Quantum groups and quasi-Hopf algebras.
● Subfactors and operator algebras.
● Lie theory in tensor categories
● Vertex operator algebras and conformal field theory.
- Deadline: TBD
- Registration is by invitation only. If you are interested to participate in this program, please contact one of the organisers with your CV and research background.
- Arrival date: 17 November 2024
MATRIX Wine and Cheese Afternoon 19 November 2024
On the first Tuesday of each program, MATRIX provides a pre-dinner wine and cheese afternoon. Produce is locally-sourced to showcase delicacies from the region.