16 Oct 2017 - 28 Oct 2017
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Organisers: Lucio Boccardo (Sapienza Università di Roma), Florica-Corina Cîrstea (University of Sydney), Julie Clutterbuck (Monash University), L. Craig Evans (University of California, Berkeley), Enrico Valdinoci (University of Melbourne), Paul Bryan (University of Queensland)
Program Description: In 2017, it will be 40 years since the publication of Gilbarg and Trudinger’s Elliptic Partial Differential Equations of Second Order. We celebrate this with a program to link the past research with the future perspectives, by discussing what the important developments in the area during these forty years have been and what are the new trends of contemporary research. Particular attention will be given to some of the topics in which the book served as a great source of inspiration, such as fully nonlinear PDEs, viscosity solutions, Hessian equations, optimal transport, stochastic point of view, geometric flows, and so on.
- Deadline: 1 April 2017 (talk title/abstract may be submitted at a later date)
- Registration is by invitation only
- You are invited to attend week two (research collaboration) of the Elliptic partial differential equations of second order: Celebrating 40 years of Gilbarg and Trudinger’s book MATRIX program. Note: if you wish to attend the introductory workshops in the first week, please contact the organisers at email@example.com
- To register for the Graduate Lecture Series (Week 1), please go to the Workshop page
- Only one registration is required. Please indicate your dates of attendance and add all events to the Event Cart before checkout
- Florica-Corina Cîrstea, University of Sydney.
- Julie Clutterbuck, Monash University.
- Norman Dancer, University of Sydney.
- Camillo De Lellis, ETH Zurich.
- Guido de Philippis, SISSA Trieste.
- Yihong Du, University of New England.
- Jesse Gell-Redman, University of Melbourne.
- Joseph Grotowski, University of Queensland.
- Feida Jiang, Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology.
- Gary Lieberman, Iowa State University.
- Jiakun Liu, University of Wollongong.
- Gregoire Loeper, Monash University.
- Connor Mooney, University of Texas at Austin.
- Aldo Pratelli, University of Erlangen–Nürnberg.
- Maria Michaela Porzio, Sapienza Università di Roma.
- Frédéric Robert, Université de Lorraine.
- Julie Rowlett, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden.
- Mariel Sáez, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Neil Trudinger, Australian National University.
- Jerome Vetois, McGill University.
- Xu-Jia Wang, Australian National University.
- Valentina Wheeler, University of Wollongong.
- Bin Zhou, Australian National University.
- Graham Williams, University of Wollongong.
- Nassif Ghoussoub, University of British Columbia.
- James McCoy, University of Wollongong Australia.
- Paul Bryan, University of Queensland.
- Sophie Chen, Australian National University
- Yanqin Fang, University of Wollongong
- Calum Robertson, Monash University
- Stefano Vita, Università di Torino
- Giorgio Tortone, Università di Torino
- Ting-Ying Chang, Monash University
- Hadil Alhazmi, Australian National University
- Haodi Chen, Australian National University
- Elina Andriyanova, Australian National University
- Julian Bailey, Australian National University
- Leslie Cheung, University of Queensland
- Alessandro Audrito, Università di Torino
- Qirui Li, Australian National University
- Owen Dearricott (University of Melbourne)
Workshop: Graduate Lecture Series – 16 October to 20 October 2017
MATRIX Wine and Cheese Afternoon Date 17 October 2017
Research Workshop – 23 October to 27 October 2017